MENU

FOREIGN LANGUAGE

TwitterでシェアするFacebookでシェアする

拝観時間
本堂  10:00~16:00
バラ園 8:00~17:00
年中無休

外国人向けページFOR FOREIGNER

CHOSE YOUR LANGUAGE
  • ENGLISH
  • 한국어
  • 簡体中文
  • The Founding and History of the Temple

     

    The name of the village of Tomio where Ryosen-ji Temple is located appears both in the Kojiki, the oldest written history of Japan, and in the Nihon Shoki, the earliest imperial history of the nation. From the time of the reign of Emperor Bidatsu(r.572-585) this locale was domain of the Ono clan. Ono no Tobito, the son of Ono no Imoko, became the Minister of the Right in 671.

    But later because he became involved in the civil revolt known as the Jinshin Incident which was led by the Prime Minister Otomo no Oji, he had to resign his post. He then retired to the Japanese cypress forests of Mount Tomi. Here he collected medicinal herbs and healed many people. In 684 Tobito made a retreat to the Kumano Hongu Shrine in the province of Kii to worship for twenty-one days. On the day that his period of seclusion ended, Tobito had a vision of the Bhaisajya-guru Buddha and resolved to establish a public bath that used medicinal herbs. Consequently, he built a bath-house on Mount Tomi in which he enshrined a fired clay tile ornamented with an image of Bhaisajya-guru Buddha with attendants. He received the sobriquet the "Transcendent of Hanataka" and the reverence of many people.

    In 728 a shooting star fell into a Imperial palace causing great commotion. One of the princesses, Koken. soon thereafter began to feel pains in her back. Her father, Emperor Shomu, was greatly worried. However, the Transcendent of Hanataka appeared to him in a dream and pronounced that if he prayed directly to the image of Bhaisajya-guru Buddha in the Bath-house on Mount Tomi, the princess would be cured. Gyoki, one of the most active evangelical monks of the age, came in place of the Emperor and the soon the Princess recovered from her illness. In 734 Emperor Shomu issued an imperial decree that Gyoki should erect a great hall on Mount Tomi in which to enshrine the image of Bhaisajya-guru Buddha from the Bath-house.

    In the eighth month of 736 the Indian monk Bodhisena arrived in Japan. Because he found the physical features of Mount Tomi to resemble closely those of Ryoju-sen in India where the historical Buddha often preached sermons, he petitioned the emperor for the compound on Mount Tomi to be called "Ryosen-ji". Emperor Shomu conferred the name Hanataka Ryosen-ji on Mount Tomi on the site, marking the founding of the temple. Bodhisena who is best known for leading the dedicatory ceremony of the Great Buddha at Todai-ji Temple in 753, died seven years later in 760 and was buried On Mount Tomi In compliance with his last wishes.

    In 1283 the Main Hall was rebuilt and repairs were undertaken on the halls and Buddhist images. According to a contemporary account, there were twenty-one individual monks' quarters affiliated with the temple. a clear indication that the monastery was flourishing. Although the temple was not burned nor damaged during the great civil wars of Japan's middle ages, it lost many of its land holdings and declined significantly.

    Hojo Tokiyori patronized the temple generously. More recently, Ryosen-ji Temple was granted land holdings cast enough to produce one hundred koku of rice under Toyotomi Hideyoshi's policy toward shrines and temples. This practice was continued by the Tokugawa government and the domain at one hundred koku until the Meiji restoration.

    The change in government policy toward Buddhism in the Meiji period meant that the maintenance of the temple became difficult. Many of the monks' quaters were abandoned, the halls fell into disrepair, and over two hundred Buddhist images were burned. However, the temple has been revived through the protection of Bhaisajya-guru Buddha and the spiritual power of Sarasvati. a deity who had been enshrined at the temple since the great Esoteric monk Kukai stayed on Mount Tomi in the 820's. In 1940 the Main Hall and the bell tower were completely restored and the other remaining halls and monks' quarters were refurbished, which has led to the present prosperity of the temple.

  • 기원과연혁

     

    료센지의 소재지도미오(富雄)마을은, 고사기(古事記)에「토미(登美)」,일본서기에는 토미(鳥見)땅이라고 기재되여있습니다. 비다츠천왕(敏達天皇)때부터, 이지방은오노가(小野家)의 영유였습니다.우대신 오노토비토(右大臣小野富人) [견수사(遣隋使) 오노이모코(小野妹子)아들이라고 전해지고있음]가 진신의란(壬申の乱)에 관여하였기 때문에, 코우분(弘文) 원년(672)에관을 사임하고 토미산 히노키모리(登美山桧森)에 한거하였습니다. 텐무(天武) 12년(684) 4월5일부터 21일간 구마노혼구(熊野本宮)에 머물어 기도하면서 이기간에 약사부처를 감득시켜, 토미(登美)산에 약초탕을 짓고, 약사산존센부처(薬師三尊せん仏)를모셔 많은사람들의 병을 치료하였습니다. 그리하여 토비토(富人)는 하나다카(鼻高)선인이라고 칭되여 존경받게된것입니다.

    진키(神亀)5년(728) 유성이 궁중에 낙하하여 큰 소란을 이르키게되고 고우겐왕녀(孝謙皇女)가 정중(征中)에 노이로제에 걸렷을때, 쇼무(聖武)천황의 꿈자리에 하나다카(鼻高)선인이 나타나, 토미(登美)산에있는 약초탕의 약사여래께 기도하면 낳을것이라고 알리여 교우키보살(行基菩薩)이 즉시로 왕녀의 대참(代参)하자 왕녀의 병이 쾌유했습니다.텐표(天平) 6년(734)쇼무천황(聖武天皇)이 교우키부처(行基菩薩)에게 대당(大堂)을 짓게끔 칙명하였다. 텐표(天平) 8년8월 인도 바라문승, 보다이센나(婆羅門僧.菩提僊那)가 일본에 왔을때, 토미(登美)산의 지상이 료쥬센(霊鷲山)과 혹사하다하는것으로 절의 이름을 료센지(霊山寺)라고 주상하여, 「토미야마 하나다카 료센지(登美山鼻高霊山寺)」의 칭호를 주시고, 낙성 되었습니다. 보다이센나(菩提僊那)는 텐표쇼호우(天平勝宝) 4년(752) 도다이지 대불개안(東大寺大仏眼)의 도사를 임직, 텐표호우지(天平宝字) 4년(760)에 천화하여, 유언에 따라토미(登美)산에 매장되었습니다.

    헤이안(平安)시대, 고우보우(弘法)대사가 절에오셨을때, 토미(登美)산에 힘이 강한 용신님이 계신다고 감득하시고, 안쪽 원집에 다이벤자이텐뇨손(大辯財天女尊)으로 모셔졌습니다. 그때까지 이절은 법상종(法相宗)뿐이였지만, 고우보우(弘法)대사께서 진언종(真言宗)을 전해주신 후로는 법상종(法相宗)과 진언종(真言宗)의2종겸학의 절로 되었습니다.

    가마쿠라(鎌倉) 시대에는 호우죠우시(北条氏)의 두터운귀의로, 고우안(弘安) 6년(1283)혼당(本堂)의 개축, 당탑절뷸(堂塔寺仏)의 복원신조가 진행되고, 승방21개절설(所説)로 대단히 번성하였습니다. 그후, 도요토미 히데요시(豊臣秀吉)공의 신사와 절에관한 정책으로인해 절영토100석을 받았고, 또 토쿠가와무가(德川幕府)에게도 계승되어져, 고슈인절(御朱印寺)로서 국가안태와 오곡풍요 그리고 무가(幕府)의 무운장구(武運長久)를 기원해왔습니다. 그러나 메이지(明治) 유신때 불교배척운동으로 인해, 가람(절의건물)의 규모는 반감, 200체이상의 불상소각의 운명을 겪었습니다. 그러나 본존약사부처(本尊薬師如来)의 가호와, 고우보우(弘法大師)대사가 권청된 ,다이벤자이텐뇨손(大辯財天女尊)의 영험에의해 부흥되고, 쇼와(昭和)15년(1940)에는 본당(本堂)과 종각를 해체, 대수리 하여, 지금까지 국보중문건물 6체, 중문불상보물 30여점을 소장하여 융성을 유지하고 있습니다.
     경내에 있는 1200평의 장미정원은 선대주직의 전쟁체험으로부터 세계평화를 기원하여, 인생의 윤회환생을 테마로 쇼와(昭和)32년(1957)에 개원하였습니다. 200종 2000주의 각양 각색의 장미가 방문해주신 여러분들의 마음을 편하게 해 드립니다.

  • 缘起与沿革

     

    灵山寺所在地富雄之乡,在古事记录中被称为「登美」,日本书记中称为「鸟见」地。从敏达天皇时起,此地方归小野家所有。因为右大臣小野富人(据传是遣隋使、小野妹子的儿子)干预于[壬申之乱],所以弘文元年(672)辞官而闲居于[登美山桧森]里。从天武12年(684)4月5日起在[熊野本宫]居拜了21天。此间感悟了药师如来,便在登美山建造了药草浴池,供奉了药师三尊佛痊愈众人之疾。于是小野富人被称为[鼻高仙人]被众人尊崇。

    神龟5年(728)流星坠落于宫中,引起了骚乱。孝谦公主在征中患病时,[鼻高仙人]显灵于圣武天皇的梦中,告知天皇到登美山药草浴池处,祈祷于药师如来就会痊愈,天皇当即让行基菩萨代替公主参拜,使公主的病很快就痊愈了。天平6年(734)圣武天皇勅命于行基菩萨建立大堂。天平8年8月印度婆罗门僧,菩提仙那来到日本,称登美山的地形酷似与灵鹫山,所以上奏称名为[灵山寺],赐与「登美山鼻高灵山寺」之称号,落成典礼。天平胜宝4年(752)菩提仙那任职于东大寺大佛开眼导僧,迁化于天平宝字4年(760),按照遗言埋葬于登美山。

    平安时代,弘法大师来到本寺,感悟到登美山上有强力的龙神,便在内殿供奉了[大辩财天女尊]。那时本寺还是[法相宗]门,从弘法大师传受[真言宗]后,便成为了[法相宗]与[真言宗]两宗兼学的寺院。

    镰仓时代,由于北条氏的忠诚厚仰,弘安6年(1283) 重建了本堂,对本堂与堂塔寺佛进行了修复翻新,从持有21个僧房所见,当时的寺院十分昌盛。之后,据丰臣秀吉公的神社与寺院政策,受到寺院领地一百石,又受到了德川幕府的继承,以[御朱印寺院]祈祷着国家安泰,五谷丰收与幕府的武运长久。

    但是,因明治维新的[废佛毁释],伽蓝的规模减半,遭到了200尊以上的佛像被焚烧的命运。但是由[本尊药师如来]的加护与[弘法大师]圣请的大辩财天的灵验而得复兴。并且在昭和15年(1940)对本堂和钟楼进行了大型拆卸维修,至今仍保持着国宝重文建筑物6栋;所藏重文佛像宝物30余点的隆盛。

    院内的1200坪的玫瑰庭园,是由经历过战争体验的先代住职,祈求[世界和平、人生轮回转世]为主题,在昭和32年(1957)开设的。200种2000株五颜六色的玫瑰,给来访众客带来着欣慰。

このページの先頭へ